miércoles, agosto 10, 2005

ERIC S. RAYMOND:
I hate war. Even when the results of defeat would be worse than the results of war, I hate war. It kills people and makes government stronger. But when the results of defeat would be worse, I face reality and support war.

Our Islamist enemies want to kill us all — starting with Jews and gays, but continuing to anyone who doesn’t convert to Islam and accept shari’a and the whole nine yards. That’s not melodrama, it’s reporting of the plain and simple statements Al-Qaeda uses in their recruiting videos. They want to kill us all. They demonstrated the deadly seriousness of this aim on 9/11.

The choice between “support the war” and “allow the pressure off of enemies who want to kill us all” is not a difficult one. As a libertarian, I’m deeply sorry we live in a world where governments are doing the fighting for us, and I fear the consequences of the power they will amass while doing so. But I don’t see an alternative.
Dedicado a unos cuantos buenos amigos; ellos ya saben que me refiero a ellos.